2017 Community Foundation Performing Arts Series
Award-winning free series returns to the Chris Wilson Pavilion in Potawatomi Park in mid-July
For the eighth consecutive year, the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County will present the award-winning Community Foundation Performing Arts Series in the Chris Wilson Pavilion at South Bend’s Potawatomi Park. This six-event free series begins on July 22 and runs on consecutive Saturdays through August 26.
- July 22: The Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival’s Touring Company performs William Shakespeare’s "Twelfth Night"
- July 29: Acoustic trio New West Guitar Group returns with a performance celebrating the Community Foundation’s 25th anniversary
- Aug. 5: Southold Dance Theater presents an evening of ballet and contemporary dance, featuring two guest artists and some of the company’s top students
- Aug. 12: The IUSB Jazz Orchestra led by bassist Darrel Tidaback, performs popular “big band” and swing jazz
- Aug. 19: The South Bend Symphony Orchestra performs, featuring a special community play-along of Strauss’s “Emperor Waltz.” Local musicians can download the music and register to play here
- Aug. 26: Vesper Chorale and the Children’s Choir of Michiana perform an evening of vocal music
All events are free to attend and begin at 7 p.m. Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating. Audience members can pack a picnic dinner to enjoy during the show, or purchase dinner and drinks from Fiddler’s Hearth, who will be vending on site. In case of rain, updates will be posted on the Community Foundation’s Facebook page and at www.cfsjc.org. (Only the South Bend Symphony performance on August 19 currently has a scheduled rain location: Adams High School Auditorium.) All events will be professionally amplified and lit by EventSys.
The Community Foundation Performing Arts Series is sponsored by the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County’s ArtsEverywhere Fund, the Marjorie H. Wilson Charitable Trust Fund, the Indiana Arts Commission, and South Bend Venues, Parks and Arts.