2018 Community Foundation Performing Arts Series
Line-up Announced for Free Summer Concerts at the Chris Wilson Pavilion in Potawatomi Park
For the ninth consecutive year, the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County will present the award-winning Community Foundation Performing Arts Series in the Chris Wilson Pavilion at South Bend’s Potawatomi Park. This six-event free series features some of our community's best performing arts talent, and begins on Saturday, July 21, running on consecutive Saturdays through August 25.
- July 21: The Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival’s Touring Company performs William Shakespeare’s "Merchant of Venice"
- July 28: The IUSB Jazz Ensemble performs popular “big band” and swing jazz
- Aug. 4: Southold Dance Theater presents an evening of ballet and contemporary dance, featuring two guest artists and some of the company’s top students
- Aug. 11: South Bend Civic Theatre partners with Elkhart Civic Theatre for an evening of musical theater hits
- Aug. 18: The South Bend Symphony Orchestra performs, featuring a special community play-along of Beethoven's “Ode to Joy.” Local musicians can download the music and register to play.
- Aug. 25: An evening of Arts at IU South Bend, including the Symphonic Choir of South Bend and a performance by pianist Tanya Gabrielian
All events are free to attend and begin at 7 p.m. Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating. Audience members can pack a picnic dinner to enjoy during the show, or purchase dinner and drinks from Fiddler’s Hearth, who will be vending on site. In case of rain, updates will be posted on the Community Foundation’s Facebook page and at www.cfsjc.org. (Only the South Bend Symphony performance on August 18 currently has a scheduled rain location: Adams High School Auditorium.) All events will be professionally amplified and lit by EventSys.
The Community Foundation Performing Arts Series is sponsored by the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County’s ArtsEverywhere Fund, the Marjorie H. Wilson Charitable Trust Fund, the Indiana Arts Commission, and South Bend Venues, Parks and Arts. The Music Village and the South Bend Youth Symphony Orchestras are performance partners for the community play-along with the South Bend Symphony on Aug. 18.