Community Foundation Announces Give Local St. Joseph County 2017
Put Tuesday, May 9, 2017, on your calendar!
The Community Foundation of St. Joseph County will host Give Local St. Joseph County, a 24-hour giving event, on Tuesday, May 9, 2017. Designed to support our county’s best charities now and from now on, Give Local St. Joseph County will inspire people to give generously to the nonprofit organizations that do so much good work for our community.
Every dollar donated on May 9, 2017, will be increased by a share of $2.4 million in matching funds provided by Give Local St. Joseph County sponsors.
Because the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County’s primary mission is to build permanent resources for our community, Give Local St. Joseph County is designed to support local nonprofits both now and from now on. How? By passing through 75% of net dollars raised for each charity to support current programming, and by placing the other 25%—plus generous matching funds—into each charity’s permanent endowment, increasing the annual support it receives every year.
Sixty-seven nonprofit organizations are participating in Give Local St. Joseph County. (You can find the full list of organizations on the GiveLocalSJC.org leaderboard.) Only nonprofit organizations that established an endowed fund worth at least $25,000 with the Community Foundation before December 31, 2016, are eligible to participate in Give Local St. Joseph County. Full details of eligibilty requirements can be found at GiveLocalSJC.org. Registration for the event closed on March 1, 2017.
Give Local St. Joseph County is made possible in part by a $1 million challenge grant from the Judd Leighton Foundation in recognition of the Community Foundation’s 25th Anniversary. The Leighton Foundation challenge grant helped draw gifts from other generous sponsors, creating the $2.4 million Give Local St. Joseph County matching pool.
The Community Foundation’s first-ever Giving Day, hosted on May 5, 2015, was a tremendous success, raising a total of $6.77 million for more than 50 area nonprofit organizations.
For complete details on Give Local St. Joseph County, visit GiveLocalSJC.org.