Special Project Challenge Grants
The Special Project Challenge Grant process encourages projects in the following areas:
- Community development & urban affairs
- Health & human services
- Parks, recreation, & environment
- Youth & education
Nonprofit organizations serving the citizens of St. Joseph County are eligible to submit the Special Project Challenge Grant Cover Sheet with required attachments.
**Guidelines revised October 2014. The two-year waiver of restriction against requests for operating support is no longer in place (Expired March 1, 2011).
Please review the guidelines carefully before submission.
Application Deadlines: March 1 and October 1
Please note if the grant deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the application is due the next business day at 9:00 a.m. and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the full Special Project Challenge Grant Guidelines (PDF*). Email submission required.
- Download the Special Project Challenge Grant Cover Sheet (PDF*).
- Download the Budget Template to assist with your grant application project budget.
Please contact the Foundation’s Program Director if you have any questions.