Jon and Sonja Laidig Community Service Scholarship Program
This scholarship promotes service in the nonprofit sector in two ways: It provides students with a $2,500 stipend to support them in a summer internship with a community nonprofit organization and a $5,000 yearly scholarship. Potential recipients should be bright, motivated, dependable individuals who enjoy helping others and are eager to assist local charities in making this community a better place for all of its citizens. Financial need will also be considered. This scholarship is renewable up to four years.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is March 1 of the year in which the scholarship will be awarded. Application forms for this scholarship will be made available in this location during the summer of the year preceeding the scholarship award.
To be eligibile, students must:
- Be a resident of St. Joseph County, Indiana
- Graduate from an accredited Indiana high school
- Intend to pursue an associate or baccalaureate degree through a full-time course of study at an accredited tax-exempt college or university
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and be in good academic standing
- Complete the College Costs Estimator form and submit the results by the scholarship deadline
- Not be eligible to receive a full-tuition benefit from the student’s school of choice