Charles Martin “Touch a Life” Scholarship Program
The Charles Martin “Touch a Life” Scholarship provides academically motivated African American students from St. Joseph County tuition assistance and an opportunity to give back to their community while gaining meaningful work experience in the process. This will be accomplished through a summer internship program involving some of St. Joseph County’s best nonprofit agencies. Scholarship recipients will be required to fulfill a 250-hour paid internship each summer in order to be eligible for up to $7,500 annually, including a $2,500 internship stipend and up to $5,000 in tuition assistance. The scholarship is renewable up to four years.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is March 1 of the year in which the scholarship will be awarded. Application forms for this scholarship will be made available in this location during the fall of the year preceeding the scholarship award.
To be eligibile, students must:
- Be of African-American descent
- Be a resident of St. Joseph County, Indiana
- Graduate from an accredited Indiana high school by June of the year of application
- Intend to pursue an associate or baccalaureate degree through a full-time course of study at an accredited tax-exempt college or university
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and be in good academic standing
- Complete the College Costs Estimator form and submit the results by the scholarship deadline
- Not be eligible to receive a full-tuition benefit from the student’s school of choice