Community Foundation Announces Photo Contest Winners
More than 125 adorable Imagination Library Photos were entered
The Community Foundation of St. Joseph County is delighted to announce the winners of its first Imagination Library Photo Contest. The contest, which was open to any families currently participating in the Imagination Library program in St. Joseph County, asked for photos of enrolled children enjoying the free books they receive through the program.
The Community Foundation received more than 125 entries, all of which were excellent. The following 10 entries were recognized as particularly outstanding:
- Rochelle Day; winner of a $100 Amazon Gift Card
- Molly Gettinger; winner of a $50 Amazon Gift Card
- Molly Kolecki; winner of a $50 Amazon Gift Card
- Joanna Ashdown; winner of a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Catherine Craker; winner of a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Kael Kanczuzewski; winner of a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Krista Kuskye; winner of a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Amber Mayette; winner of a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Annie Morin; winner of a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Delta Olson; winner of a $10 Amazon Gift Card
All of the winning photos can be viewed on the Community Foundation’s Facebook page.
What is the Imagination Library?
Through this remarkable early childhood literacy program, any child who lives in St. Joseph County can receive a FREE, new, age-appropriate book by mail once a month, from birth until they turn five—no strings attached!
There are two ways to register a child for the Imagination Library in St. Joseph County:
- Online at www.cfsjc.org/imaginationlibrary or
- by filling out a paper registration form, available at any library in St. Joseph County
Once a child is registered, he or she will receive the first Imagination Library book within seven to nine weeks through the US mail. After that, a book will arrive every month until the child’s fifth birthday, when he or she “graduates” from the program. Since the program began in May 2018, more than 8,000 children in St. Joseph County have enrolled in this free program.
The Community Foundation thanks the sponsors of this program, including Nancy S. Rosenstock, Jon & Sonja Laidig Foundation, The Wiekamp Foundation/Julie & Jim Schwartz, William & Kathryn Shields Fund, The Frank Family Fund, Charles and Anne Hillman Family, University of Notre Dame, African American Community Fund, The Linda and Bipin Doshi Family, the James M. & Marjorie H. Wilson Family, and Family & Children’s Center Foundation.