Special Project Grants
The Community Foundation’s Special Project grants process encourages projects in the following areas:
- Community development
- Health and human services
- Parks, recreation, and environment
- Youth and education
Nonprofit organizations serving the citizens of St. Joseph County are eligible to submit a Special Project Grant application.
March 1 and October 1 of each year. PLEASE NOTE: If the grant deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the application is due the next business day at 9:00 a.m.
Special Project Grants Process Information Links
- Review Special Project grant guidelines carefully before applying.
- All Special Project grant applications must be submitted through the Foundation’s online grant system. Applications open in the online system six weeks prior to each deadline.
- If needed, you may use the Foundation’s budget template for your application. (View a sample budget here.)
- We ask that all grant recipients recognize the Foundation’s grant funding in their organization’s related communications. Our Grant Recognition Guidelines provide directions.
- We have also compiled a list of tips on how to strengthen your grant application.
You’ll find a list of projects that have received grant funding in the past here:
Recent Special Project Grants
Please contact Program Staff if you experience problems with any of these documents or you need them in another format.